Thursday, August 11, 2011

A quick update.

So. If you have been paying attention, you will see I am a little less than 10,000 words away from the 80,000 words I said it would take me to finish.



The problem is that, like an accordion, or maybe a snake, or an accordion made of snakes, the end point of my B.I.P. seems to be stretching away from me. Not ludicrously far, but I think I'll need an extra 5 to 10,000 words to tell the story I'm trying to tell.

I'm trying very hard to make the deadline, and I'm writing everyday, but there is the possibility I will not make it.

7 comments:

  1. That gif still makes me laugh.

    Well, I mean, you made the deadline for yourself. No one was pressuring you into it. So if you don't meet it, then the only one who will be pissed is you. So...don't beat yourself up about it. It's not like you're struggling to meet a publisher's deadline. I understand that it could be disappointing if you don't meet the deadline, but you sound sad and that made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is HAPPENING in that video-blipper???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Texas

    I wish I knew! I bet it's one of those Japanese game shows. Also, what is a video-blipper? Is that some of your fancy New England slang?

    @quailman

    Oh, I'm not sad. I'm just, y'know, updating you fair readers of bookfart. If Sept. 24th comes and goes and you don't hear from me, it's because I'm still holed up, writing by quill and candlelight. Thanks for your concern, though :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's why it's taking so long. Get some damn lamps and regular pens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I'm going to get anything, it's gonna one of those robotic arms you can control with your brain. Go big or go home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. video blipper is extremely fun to say, that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should try writing by candle light. It would really piss my parents off when I fall asleep and set their house on fire.

    @pope

    Deadlines are more like guidelines when you think about it. Deadlines make you dead. #TRUE STORY

    ReplyDelete