Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's a stupid feeling, is what I'm trying to say.

You know how when you have something to do, and you don't do it, the guilt over not doing it steadily increases day by day as you inch closer to the deadline, even if you distract yourself with copious amounts of beer and video games? It's like a physical weight. You can't really enjoy anything because a part of you is always like, Wow, you really should be writing right now or, at the very least, editing.

And then another part of you is like, Is there an eHow on self-lobotomies?

And THEN when you are actually doing whatever you're supposed to be doing, that first part of you finally admits, If I knew how much this was going to suck tits, I wouldn't have pressured you into it.

Anyway, I just finished editing the synopsis and first chapter of my B.I.P. Shipping them out tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Please force me to pick my story excerpt for class so this stupid feeling will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a brief moment of relief from that stupid feeling when I submitted my board exam application... but now it's back because I too have to edit my own writing. May eat cheese instead... and watch Ugly Betty....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese is delicious.

    I've never seen Ugly Betty. Is it good? I'm really into Battlestar Galactica right now since it's Instant on Netflix. I'm only on the third season, so don't spoil it for me if you're old hat at BSG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen BSG. But I'm an old hat. Bowler hat... or maybe a stocking cap?
    I find Ugly Betty very entertaining. It's no Buffy, but it passes time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're an old propeller beanie.

    ReplyDelete