Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wordle.

http://www.wordle.net/

Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.


Cool and useless. Like most things.

Wordle of the book-in-progress, one hundred-ish pages in:


If you click on the picture, it will get bigger. Like magic. Oh no! I mean... As magic. Whew.


I guess it could tip you off to words you're using too often. I take back the useless bit. Except some words get counted twice, like Danny and Danny's, look and looks, and Red and... Red. So maybe it is useless. But it's still cool, damn it.

4 comments:

  1. Should I ask why you use the word Back so often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the problem is that "back" just used a lot in general. I mean, there's the back of something, or you can take something back, or back something, or turn back, or you can back away or back down or fall back, or back out of something, or hang back, or lean/kick back, or hold someone back, etc.

    I'm in the process of rewording sentences or using synonyms in place of the word "back," but it ends more often than not in the sentence becoming awkward :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's great? How often you update this.

    ...oh wait. What's the opposite of great? You're the writer, you're good with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the opposite of great is "sex sauce."

    The next review will be up before the weekend.

    G$4L

    ReplyDelete