Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I write like...


I write like
Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!




This has been passing around the LiveJournals, so I thought I'd give it a try. I used the first chapter of my BIP. Like a WIP, but with a book.

Honestly, I don't think I've read that much Palahniuk. I mean, I stole Q's copy of Fight Club, and I have Haunted lying around here someplace. I liked both, but not enough to consider myself a fan. A fan lite? Or maybe this means I'm his arch-nemesis.


This is what you get if you Google "Chuck Palahniuk" and "arch-nemesis."


Who do you write like?


UPDATE: In an I-should-have-seen-it-coming twist, this post is also written like Palahniuk.

5 comments:

  1. You have my copy of Fight Club? I didn't even know it was missing.

    I've heard good things about Choke. I've only seen the movie, but if Fight Club is an example, Palahniuk's books are way better than the film adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I apparently write like Palahniuk, as well. Which is funny considering our vastly different writing styles.

    Maybe I shouldn't have used a sample of your writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe we're the same person!

    AHHH TWILIGHT ZONE TWIST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, the only thing the book version of Fight Club was missing was Brad Pitt and his 90's sexiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could always paste a picture of Brad Pitt into the book at random intervals.

    ReplyDelete